Where To Find The Best Bike Routes And Bike Shops In Cornelius, NC
When the weather’s great, the sun’s shining and the birds are chirping, there’s nothing better than hopping on your bike for a ride.
And whether you like a peaceful cruise around the lake or tearing down a gnarly singletrack, in Cornelius you’ve got all the options covered.
If you’re new to the area or just looking for something off the beaten track, we’re going to give you lists of some of the best rides around in every genre.
We’re also going to tune you into some great bike shops where you can get yourself a ride, score some new parts and have repairs done.
So without further ado, here’s your list of the best local rides and bike shops around:
Trails & Greenways
You’ve got several trails and greenways that range from earthen paths through the woods to paved greenways to choose from. They are all part of the Emerald Necklace project below. Here’s links to maps and info:
- Antiquity Greenway – 0.6 miles
- Bailey Road Park Trails – 3.5 miles
- Caldwell Station Creek Greenway – 2.6 miles
- Jetton Mini Park Trail – 0.4 miles
- Jetton Park Trail – 1.5 miles (County)
- Legion Park Trail – 0.5 miles
- McDowell Creek Greenway – 1.5 miles (County)
- Robbins Park Trails – 4.7 miles
- Torrence Chapel Park Trails – 0.6 miles
- Walter Henderson Trails – 0.3 miles
Although still under construction, about 60% of the 13-mile route connecting many of the paths and greenways above has been completed. You can take a ride circumnavigating the town while passing several parks. Here’s a link to the map.
Lake Norman Bike Route
Take a scenic ride along beautiful Lake Norman with this route. Be aware that not all of the route has dedicated bike lanes or shoulders, so you’ll be sharing the road with cars sometimes.
If road cycling is your thing, here’s a list of more than 20 routes that fans have mapped out on MapMyRide.
Here’s some more routes at RideWithGPS.
Off-Road, Mountain Biking
Get out in the dirt and shred some trails with these three local tracks from SingleTracks.
- The Cycle Path – probably the best-known shop in Cornelius. The people who work here are die-hard cycling fans, living and breathing the ride. You can also find a link to upcoming events.
- The Spirited Cyclist – another dedicated group just a little up the road in Davidson. They’ve got everything you need for your whip plus a list of upcoming rides.
So what are you waiting for (unless it’s the weather?) Get your gear, check your ride and get out there. It’s time for a beautiful ride.
If you lived in a beautiful, contemporary apartment home at Sailpointe at Lake Norman Apartment Homes in Cornelius, NC you could have a lakeside ride every day. Sailpoint offers spacious, thoughtful floor plans, incredibly lavish amenities and beautiful lake views you won’t get anywhere else.